PDA

View Full Version : Drop-Down box image changer

viper102464
06-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Hello again, im afraid i need a little more help with something. I got the calculate price script to work now, but im having problems with the image changing script. Im trying to make a site where you can customize a computer with a series of drop-down boxes, and when you choose a selection, it shows the image of the product. An example is here:

http://www.oharanetworks.com/jcr/build/test.htm

However, only the beginning of this script works. I cant figure out how to make the image change when a different product is selected. In the example above, only the second item works, when i want to go back and select the initial item the image stays the same.

Anyhelp would be great. Thanks again in advance.:)

benslayton
06-06-2006, 02:05 AM
I know this doesn't help.

//Specify image paths and optional link (set link to "" for no link):
var dynimages=new Array()
dynimages[0]=["aspirexdb.png", ""]
dynimages[1]=["aspirexds.png", ""]
dynimages[2]=["photo3.jpg", ""]

you have four images bring shown you have said that there is three.
And photo3.jpg is not an actual photo.

viper102464
06-06-2006, 02:11 AM
I know, I didn't even bother changing that, I just need help with the changing part:

<select size="1" name="D5" onchange="this.form.price1.value=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;calculate(); modifyimage('dynloadarea', 1)">
<option value="70.00" selected>ASPIRE X-DISCOVERY - Black Steel ATX Mid Tower [Included in Price] </option>
<option value="70.00">ASPIRE X-DISCOVERY - Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower [Add $0] </option>
<option value="70.00">ASPIRE X-DISCOVERY - Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower [Add $0] </option>
<option value="70.00">ASPIRE X-DISCOVERY - Yellow Steel ATX Mid Tower [Add $0]
</option>
</select>

This code only allows you to change the product once and the picture will change, if you try to choose another option, the picture just stays the same.

Thanks. Please help.

benslayton
06-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Not exactly sure then, but I would at least go ahead and fix the image part.

viper102464
06-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Ok, i changed the images to what they are supposed to be. But now, how do i change the code to make it work?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED. THANKS.:confused:

viper102464
06-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Someone please help!!:confused: :confused: