PDA

View Full Version : Tabs Menu

mascardr
05-31-2006, 06:05 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/tabmouseover.htm
I'm using the Tabs Menu (mouseover) from Dynamic Drive. It is working great and was exactly what I needed. I do have just one adjustment that I would like to change but can't seem to get it to work.
I'm using this on my intranet web site which consists of photos of all employees in our agency. As the menu floats along as I scroll down, the background color interferes with the pictures. So I have changed the background color to transparent. That works great except when I need to read the menu options. This is when I need the colored background (bgColor). Is there a way I can have the bgColor only show when I put my mouse over the menu ? Is this possible ?
Thank you ,
Debra

mascardr
06-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Can anyone help me on this ? :( I just want the background of the menu to change when I mouseover. Can someone take a look and let me know if what I want is possible ?
Thanks
Debra

djr33
06-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Well... you'd need to somehow figure out what exactly defines the area of the "menu" and then apply onMouseover="function()" to that, where funtion() is in the javascript, changing the background color.
I'm not sure how to write this. It's pretty much independant of the script, aside from where to put it; you just need a changing background script for a div/table/etc.

But could you not just use a div/table/etc around the menu and not the rest, then change that background color, and you're done? You'll need to make some type of area to be moused over anyway, so seems like that would be easier.