PDA

View Full Version : Help with game!!!

shachi
05-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Can anyone convert this : www.jsmadeeasy.com/javascripts/Games/five_in_a_row/five_in_a_row.htm
game to a stand alone(none frame reliable) game?? I need this script to put in my site and some people are complaining they can't play the game I think that is because of older browsers which doesn't support frames. Please help me with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shachi
05-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Hello?? anyone who would like to help me??

tech_support
05-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Think you should just tell people to upgrade to IE4+ or FF!

Most people should upgrade or more likely they'll get hacked into.

shachi
05-31-2006, 09:40 AM
And what if they didn't?? I mean some people have old computers in which modern browsers are not compatible. And I can't do anything about it than just transform that game to non-framic. But I have given up and tried all I can but still I cannot succeed. So I need help with that.
I hope at least someone comes up with an idea.:( :confused:

Twey
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I doubt very much that it's because it uses frames. Browsers have supported frames for a long time now.

Guide one of these people through getting some relevant information.

shachi
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Isn't there anyone who can make that game frameless for me?? Uh, I am losing my hopes. :( :( :(

benslayton
05-31-2006, 05:31 PM
isnt your site alot like http://www.microsoft.com (http://microsoft.com)?
wierd. eh?

Twey
05-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Haha, slightly.

shachi
06-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh please help me with this!! This is urgent.:(

Twey
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Guide one of these people through getting some relevant information.... so we can find out what the real problem is.

djr33
06-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I looked at your source yesterday.

That barely uses frames. Just change the use of frames to use of divs, and it should work... not sure what specific things you'll need to work out... but shouldn't be too bad.

The frames only seperate the form from the game.
Actually... having frames makes it work. It allows the form to refresh without the game doing so.
however, you might be able to use javascript to transfer the data instead.

Anyway... this ISN'T your problem.

shachi
06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I looked at your source yesterday.

That barely uses frames. Just change the use of frames to use of divs, and it should work... not sure what specific things you'll need to work out... but shouldn't be too bad.

The frames only seperate the form from the game.
Actually... having frames makes it work. It allows the form to refresh without the game doing so.
however, you might be able to use javascript to transfer the data instead.

Anyway... this ISN'T your problem.

I have tried to make it frameless and as I got tired of it I seek for your help!! I would be very grateful if anyone could make it frameless for me because I have been defeated.:(

Cold Gunmetal
06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Just use FrontPage's "Include File" option. It's easy, but it may not work, sadly. Oh well. I tried.

Twey
06-07-2006, 03:57 PM
You're recommending someone actually use FrontPage?! :eek:

shachi
06-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I never use frontpage actually I don't have frontpage(and I don't want it either, it is more dangerous than a virus for a developer). I just use nedit, simple and convinient.

shachi
06-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Any help here??:confused: